Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Eh...

Busier-than average week at work and editing my book every night has left little time for knitting. I sneak it in when I can. I am almost finished with the second Robin's Egg sock. Here is how I do it:

I knit:
  • in the car while husband drives us to and from work
  • at lunch
  • on breaks
  • a little after dinner while we are still watching TV.
As a couple with no children, we don't do dinner very well. We mostly make something quick and dirty then eat it in front of the TV while we watch something. Lately it has been a back and forth between the Office Season 6 (We didn't see it last year, in fact we hardly watch actual television programming at all anymore.) mixed with Absolutely Fabulous. Oh, how we howl over AbFab. We're watching series 4 (courtesy of Netflix) and we just saw the one where Edina drags her daughter Saffy to Paris for a photo shoot. Deplorable, ridiculous fun. Not for the easily offended. Perfect for us.

Of course, I've watched all the Bones I could on Netflix Instant Watch. Instead of waiting for us to finish an AbFab disc and send it back in, I upped our subscription so we can have 2 discs at a time. It was only $4 extra a month, and I have a feeling we'll use it. I adore Bones. What's not to love? You've got forensic anthropology, and eye candy. (For most girls that would be delivered in the shape of David Boreanaz, but I happen to have inappropriate lust for T.J. Thyne who plays Dr. Jack Hodgins, the slime and bugs expert.)

I never claimed to be normal.

No photos or anything today, and I realize this is a detriment to any blog posts. But I just wanted to check in and let you (the one person who reads this) know I'm alive.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You're funny- you should install google analytics and then you can see how many reads you get. It can be stangely affirming to know 2-3 people read it. Then you're not relying on comments to find out if you have readers. It can be a slow go- I remember when I hit 15 followers it was 6 mos. AFTER I started writing regularly. But think about the analytics a bit- I for instance know that my supposed best friend NEVER reads my blog. I never get any views from Baltimore. I do know that 3 people in New Zealand read it last month. Strange bits of knowledge you may or may nit want to know... :)