Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frog of a different kind

The cold is better, but I have lost my voice. So instead of the usual "frog" of knitting (i.e. ripping out stitches) I am croaking. And that makes working with the public a special treat. No one can understand me. Especially on the phone.

Last night at we met with our writing partner to finish a script. While we worked, I knit. I finished the pumpkin hat! I learned how to do the vine on the top from Crazy Aunt Purl here. It was really freaking hard to increase two on every stitch because the work got super tight on my needle. But it worked on the first try! The secret is to cast on super loose so you have room to knit into the front, the back, and the front again of every stitch. When I finished it, Sarah and I squealed over the cuteness. Well, she squealed, I just sort of did a squeaky hiss. I can hardly wait to send them off. I just have to get the address again. I am notorious for losing addresses.

Here are the pair:



Can you stand it? I am so freaking proud of them. I just found out another friend of mine from college just had her third little girl, so maybe I'll whip up another apple hat. They go so fast! If I had the uninterrupted time, I could knock one off in an evening.

And I just might have some time tonight. I was going to go to Gabriella's tonight for weekly Stitch n' Bitch, but I think I may have to stay at home and rest instead. I have to work Saturday, and I am going to need some strength, as mine appears to be waning. Who are we kidding? I'm shot right now. Besides, I don't want to spread my lovely germs with my coughing tonight. It's bad enough I have to come to work and spread it around. I still can't believe Kosta hasn't gotten it yet. He is usually the one who gets everything that comes down the pike, while I stay well.

Well, time to suck it up, make some tea, and go face the world.

No comments: